- An infographic produced by UCLDH and 4Humanities has won an award
- David Ryan (UCL CDIP Archive Studies, 1987) has received an LVO for outstanding service in the New Year's Honours List. He works for the Royal Household as Director of Records.
- A blog by Molly Slight, one of our MA Publishing students, has been published on the Bookseller website.
- research aspects of evaluation of public and schools library services and information literacy for children and teachers;
- supervise research in public and school librarianship and information literacy;
- am a member of the Department's Knowledge Organization and Representation research group (KOARG);
- am Programme Director for the Master in Research in Library, Archive and Information Studies degree;
- am module tutor for INSTG020 Introduction to Management and INSTG034 Services to Children and Schools.
I studied Literae Humaniores at Oxford and then qualified with my MA in Library and Information Studies at UCL (awarded the Macalister Medal, 1985).
I then went into public libraries, holding a variety of posts as children's librarian, deputy branch librarian, schools library advisor and as an area professional team manager with the London Borough of Havering and with Essex County Council Libraries.
In 1994 I joined the Department of Information Studies at UCL to develop the G034 module Services to Children and Schools, and then took on and redeveloped the module G020 Introduction to Management.
In 2011 I became Programme Director for the MRes in Information Studies.
I have been involved in a number of roles within the Professional Body for library and information (currently CILIP) and am a member of the School Library Association. I believe firmly that all information professionals should be active members of their relevant professional body if we are to advocate our role to society and shape the future of our profession.
Office hours: Available to see UCL students, term-time, without appointment:
- Autumn term: Normally Mondays, 13.00-13.30 and Tuesdays 13.00-13.30
- Spring term: Normally Tuesdays, 13.00-14.00
- Summer term and vacation: Normally Mondays from 13.00-14.00 (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Please note: I shall not be available between 15th - 26th August 2013.
UCL extension: 32630
Direct Line: 020 7679 2630 (non-UK: +44 20 7679 2630)
Fax: 020 7383 0557 (non-UK: +44 20 7383 0557)
Office: G26, Foster Court
Address correspondence to:
Mrs L Gildersleeves
Department of Information Studies
University College London
London WC1E 6BT