- An infographic produced by UCLDH and 4Humanities has won an award
- David Ryan (UCL CDIP Archive Studies, 1987) has received an LVO for outstanding service in the New Year's Honours List. He works for the Royal Household as Director of Records.
- A blog by Molly Slight, one of our MA Publishing students, has been published on the Bookseller website.
The focus of my doctoral studies at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities is the creation of a digital edition of the oldest surviving manuscript of S. Augustine's De Civitate Dei. The manuscript dates back to the early fifth century and most of the existing, scarce research we have predates the 1950s. Its much debated provenance and authorship, due to it being contemporary to Augustine himself, are as intriguing as its rare palaeographical features and marginalia. My research seeks to, firstly, examine best practice in the field of digital editions by collating relevant evidence in a detailed catalogue of extant digital editions (available at: https://sites.google.com/site/digitaleds/home). The catalogue records features, scope, philological as well as technological aspects of each edition and aims at becoming a collaborative endeavour for the benefit of the Digital Humanities community. Secondly (and consequently), lessons learnt from the catalogue will inform the production of an electronic edition of De Civitate Dei, which will include transcriptions of the text and the scholia, high-definition images, a short critical apparatus, as well as background information and links to relevant resources.
- 2011-2014, PhD Digital Humanities. UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
- 2009-2010, MA Digital Humanities. King's College London
- 2006-2009, BA Hons Classics. King's College London
- 2001-2006, Liceo Classico Brocca (Humanities with further Maths). Don Nicola Mazza, Verona, Italy
- 2013-present, Research Associate working on the Open Philology Project. Digital Humanities, Universität Leipzig
- Italian (native or bilingual proficiency)
- English (native or bilingual proficiency)
- Spanish (intermediate proficiency)
- Modern Greek (intermediate proficiency)
- French (elementary proficiency)
- German (elementary proficiency)
- Ancient Greek
Digital editions, palaeography, manuscript studies, XML, 3D visualisations of cultural heritage.
In my free time I teach myself Modern Greek. I enjoy reading, sailing, films and playing volleyball.