International Centre for Archives and Records Management Research
Founded in 2005, ICARUS is a research centre within the Department of Information Studies (UCL:DIS). It seeks to impact the world in the following ways:
- Developing and contributing to an active, international, inclusive and sustainable network of critical and reflective thinking on archives and records management practice.
- Facilitating the ethical and effective utilisation of archives, records, information, heritage and the work of managing them, in support of wider societal goals including social justice, social cohesion and more equitable access to information.
These impacts are sought through a range of activities, including;
- facilitating a public programme of events
- increasing opportunities for early career scholars within the ARM field
- initiating and collaborating on research projects
- applying an international, critical and pluralist perspective to all its work
- developing more participatory models of research
- engaging with recordkeeping in practice
Many people are associated with ICARUS but we are always interested in working with anyone who shares our goals. Please contact us to let us know what you are doing or to find out more about our work.