ICARUS seeks to support a vibrant research culture both
internally and in the archives and records management profession more widely.
To this end it supports and facilitates a number of avenues for the
dissemination and discussion of research in the field. These include;
- Jenkinson Lectures - A series of public lectures held roughly annually, which provide the opportunity to hear from leading thinkers and actors in the field.
- Archives and Society Seminars – This seminar series is held by the Institute of Historical Research. Members of ICARUS sit on the Convenors Committee, which arranges these seminars.
- The Cardigan Continuum – Members of ICARUS help to run the London branch of this informal archives and records management reading group.
- ICARUS Research Seminars – This is a primarily private seminar series designed as a space for discussion amongst academic staff, research associates and doctoral research students.”
ICARUS members have also helped to organise a number of recent conferences, including;
- FARMER/NAET Conference, Oxford, 5-6 July 2010 (Forum for Archives and Records Management Education and Research for the UK and Ireland and the Network of Archival Educators and Trainers (North Western Europe))
Page last modified on 01 oct 13 08:18