DH Blog feed
Dawn of a new era as New gTLDs delegated
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:33:20 +0000
I atttended the recent ICANN meeting in Buenos Aires. It was upbeat as the first New gTLDs (generic Top Level Domains), e.g. .游戏, .онлайн, .みんな and .today have been delegated. The New gTLDs Program is widely regarded as a success and many are predicting that the new addresses will increasingly displace the old .com addresses. [...]Read more...
Announcing Seaha – Centre for Doctoral Training in Science and Engineering in Arts, Heritage and Archaeology
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:30:44 +0000
Today, David Willets announced the new set of Centres for Doctoral Training in Engineering Sciences, funded by the Engineering and Physcial Sciences Research Council. We’re really pleased to say that UCL have secured funding for a Centre for Doctoral Training in Science and Engineering in Arts, Heritage and Archaeology, which will fund 60 doctoral students [...]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.