UCLDH Advanced Imaging Consultants
Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:12:52 +0000
UCL Centre for Digital Humanities are pleased to announce that we now have capacity to offer Reflectance Transformation Imaging and Spectral Imaging services from our Multi-Modal Digitisation Suite research facility based in central London. Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI), also known as Polynomial Texture Mapping (PTM), is a high-resolution, non-invasive and non-destructive imaging technique for documenting […]Read more...
Digital Classicist London seminar series
Tue, 17 May 2016 17:29:12 +0000
The Digital Classicist London seminar series Institute of Classical Studies Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU Fridays at 16:30 in room 234 Jun 3: Gregory Crane (Leipzig & Tufts), ‘Philological Education and Citizenship in the 21st Century’ Jun 10: Matteo Romanello (Lausanne & DAI), ‘Of People, Places and References: Extracting information from Classics […]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.