Museums and Virtual Reality: VR in the Grant Museum
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:55:00 +0000
Virtual reality and augmented reality are creating new avenues of exploration for museums, allowing their visitors greater interaction with their content and materials. Nicholas Klein, Timothy Lambden and Hector Leach-Clay from UCL Natural Sciences, and Alex Muller, a UCL alumnus, recently tested a virtual reality app in UCL’s Grant Museum: The reaction to VR:Cell at […]Read more...
The Digital Music Lab: A Big Data Infrastructure for Digital Musicology
Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:07:36 +0000
A paper describing the infrastructure of the Digital Music Lab framework has been published in the ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage (JOCCH). The paper is available to download from UCL Discovery. The project also got a write-up in Motherboard Digital Music Lab is an AHRC project aiming to to develop research methods and […]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.