DH Blog feed
Visit to the Institute of Making
Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:14:53 +0000
We are very lucky to have an Institute of Making at UCL. I often walk past its impressive glass front, peer at the collection of things on shelves that can be seen inside, and wonder what on earth they are and what goes on in there. So I was delighted when a group of us [...]Read more...
New Project – MiCLUES
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:52:29 +0000
We recently started a project called MiCLUES to develop dynamic smartphone-based visitor guidance algorithms and software for the Royal College of Music Museum of Instruments. The aim is to enable visitors to make better use of the combined physical and digital collections and to chart both curated and personalised paths through the museum. The project [...]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.