DH Blog feed
Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:34:54 +0000
Much interest in Universal Acceptance at ICANN‘s recent meeting in Singapore. Universal Acceptance means getting all domain names to work, however long they are and whatever script they’re in. Traditionally most Top Level Domains have been ASCII three digit if generic names (e.g. .com) and two digit if country codes (e.g. .uk). Now more or […]Read more...
UCLDH5: The First Susan Hockey Lecture in Digital Humanities
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:11:13 +0000
The UCL Centre for Digital Humanities was founded in 2010, and to celebrate the achievements of the centre over the last five years we are launching a named lecture series, The Susan Hockey Lecture in Digital Humanities. We are especially pleased to announce that Professor Susan Hockey will be giving the inaugural lecture. Digital Humanities: Perspectives […]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.