DH Blog feed
Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information initial report open to public comment
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:54:59 +0000
For the last year I’ve been co-chairing an ICANN working group on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information, an issue which will arise once the current ASCII-based Whois directory of domain name contacts is replaced by a system allowing domain name holders to input data in their own languages and scripts. Yesterday was the big […]Read more...
The UCL Laptop Orchestra (UCLOrk)
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:16:14 +0000
At the UCL DigiFest 2014 (ucldigifest.org), the Music Systems Engineering Research Team led by Dr Nicolas Gold (UCL Computer Science/UCLDH) ran a 1.5hr session for people interested in digital music. Participants learned about building digital instruments using the Pure Data programming language, explored the sonic possibilities of synthesised sounds, and then came together as a […]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.