DH Blog feed
Seminar: Papyrology and Linguistic Annotation: How can we make TEI EpiDoc XML corpus and Treebanking work together?
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:11:21 +0000
Details of this week’s Digital Classicist seminar follow: Digital Classicist London & Institute of Classical Studies Seminar 2014 Marja Vierros (Helsinki) ‘Papyrology and Linguistic Annotation: How can we make TEI EpiDoc XML corpus and Treebanking work together?’ Friday July 25 at 16:30 in room G35, Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU Greek documentary papyri [...]Read more...
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:46:41 +0000
I attended ICANN‘s 50th meeting which was held in London recently and brought together 3,400 international stakeholders from government, business, civil society, technical organizations and research institutions to discuss the development of the Internet’s addressing system. It was ICANN’S largest ever meeting by far. Over 300 of the new generic Top Level Domains for which [...]Read more...
- Ulrich Tiedau is Senior Lecturer in Modern Low Countries History and Society at UCL Dutch and an Associate Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. He has worked on and across the borders of humanities and modern communication and information technologies for most of his professional life.
- Claire Warwick is Professor of Digital Humanities at UCL Department of Information Studies and Co-Director of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. Her research is on the use of digital resources in the humanities, especially electronic texts and digital libraries, and on reading in physical and digital environments.
- Simon Mahony is Teaching Fellow in Digital Humanities at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and Programme Director of the MA/MSc in Digital Humanities. His research interests are in the application of new technologies to the study of the ancient world, using new web-based mechanisms and digital resources to build and sustain learning communities, collaborative and innovative working. He is also active in the field of distance learning and a member of the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education.
- Rudolf Ammann is a PhD student at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Irish Sirmons, Summer intern, is a student on the MSc Information Science programme at UCL Department of Information Studies.
Illustration: (CC) Attr. 2.0 K. Sandberg
| | |
The release of these resources has been supported by the Higher Education Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources programme.