Upcoming talks in the UCLDH Seminar Series
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:30:15 +0000
We have some great talks coming up this term as part of our seminar series. Please do join us, all welcome! Registration is required. Wednesday 28th January 2015 5.30pm, G31 Foster Court Professor Jane Winters, Institute of Historical Research: Big data for humanities research: from digging into the parliamentary record to exploring the UK Web […]Read more...
Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information initial report open to public comment
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:54:59 +0000
For the last year I’ve been co-chairing an ICANN working group on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information, an issue which will arise once the current ASCII-based Whois directory of domain name contacts is replaced by a system allowing domain name holders to input data in their own languages and scripts. Yesterday was the big […]Read more...
The UCLDH logo comes in three variants, none of which is considered more important than the others: wide full, wide minimal, and tall. Each variant may either be rendered in two colours picked from the UCL palette, or it may be a "remix" in which each pixel is separately coloured. The two main remixes are called Palette, after the UCL palette, and Macbeth, after the Macbeth Color Checker. There is a story of how the design got that way.
The UCLDH logo is available for use on your website (terms and conditions)
Wide minimal, grey
Wide minimal, UCL Mid Green
Wide minimal, Palette remix
Wide full, Macbeth remix
Wide full, Palette remix
Tall, UCL Navy Blue
Tall, Palette remix
Vector files may be made available for your printing project; please get in touch.
Please serve your chosen UCLDH logo file from your own website. Do not change the file format from .PNG to another format such as .JPG and do not merge the file or mash it up with any other graphics. We also request the favour that you hyperlink the logo to UCLDH's main page. Thank you!
The UCLDH logotype in all its versions as shown above is a trademark held by the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. You are authorised to use this logotype on the terms and conditions below, and only on the condition that you download the logotype directly from our website.
UCLDH licences the use of its logotype on the condition that the trademark licencee use the logotype to link to the UCLDH homepage, and only to the UCLDH homepage. UCLDH retains full and sole discretion to revoke this trademark licence for any reason whatsoever or for no specified reason.
Logo implementations and adaptations
The UCLDH logo has been used and modified in a number of ways, including these:
- 22 Mar 2012: Goth Melissa (photo)
- 24 Jan 2012: Little owl version (graphic) for Claire Warwick's inaugural lecture.
- 12 Jan 2012 Behold my new cushion (photo)
- 15 Dec 2011 Behold my new office furniture (photo)
- 20 Nov 2011: A home for the new cushion sporting the UCLDH logo (photo)
- 8 Jun 2011: sample pillow arrived & looks great (photo)
- 24 Nov 2010: Patterned DHOER logo (graphic)
- 5 Oct 2010: DHOER logo: Remixes (Design notes towards a Digital Humanities Open Educational Resources logo)
- 21 Aug 2010: Decoding Digital Humanities Cube (graphic)
- 20 May 2010: UCLDH t-shirts: one, two, three, four, five (photos) [source]
- 11 May 2010: UCLDH Emergency Reset Button (graphic)
- 10 Apr 2010: animated version (graphic)
- 22 Dec 2009: Season's Greetings Card (graphic)
A range of t-shirts, mugs and other items imprinted with the UCLDH logo can be purchased online at the UCLDH Shop.