Affect, Audience Experience and the Digital Humanities
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:50:56 +0000
Authors: Christina Kamposiori & Vasileios Routsis Monday 9th December 2013 saw our conference ‘Affective Experiences: media art, design & research’ which took place at the Parasol Unit: foundation for contemporary art. This conference was a great opportunity to close the conversations we started on February on the context of the AHRC funded project ‘New Media, [...]Read more...
Dawn of a new era as New gTLDs delegated
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:33:20 +0000
I atttended the recent ICANN meeting in Buenos Aires. It was upbeat as the first New gTLDs (generic Top Level Domains), e.g. .游戏, .онлайн, .みんな and .today have been delegated. The New gTLDs Program is widely regarded as a success and many are predicting that the new addresses will increasingly displace the old .com addresses. [...]Read more...
The UCLDH logo comes in three variants, none of which is considered more important than the others: wide full, wide minimal, and tall. Each variant may either be rendered in two colours picked from the UCL palette, or it may be a "remix" in which each pixel is separately coloured. The two main remixes are called Palette, after the UCL palette, and Macbeth, after the Macbeth Color Checker. There is a story of how the design got that way.
The UCLDH logo is available for use on your website (terms and conditions)
Wide minimal, grey
Wide minimal, UCL Mid Green
Wide minimal, Palette remix
Wide full, Macbeth remix
Wide full, Palette remix
Tall, UCL Navy Blue
Tall, Palette remix
Vector files may be made available for your printing project; please get in touch.
Please serve your chosen UCLDH logo file from your own website. Do not change the file format from .PNG to another format such as .JPG and do not merge the file or mash it up with any other graphics. We also request the favour that you hyperlink the logo to UCLDH's main page. Thank you!
The UCLDH logotype in all its versions as shown above is a trademark held by the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. You are authorised to use this logotype on the terms and conditions below, and only on the condition that you download the logotype directly from our website.
UCLDH licences the use of its logotype on the condition that the trademark licencee use the logotype to link to the UCLDH homepage, and only to the UCLDH homepage. UCLDH retains full and sole discretion to revoke this trademark licence for any reason whatsoever or for no specified reason.
Logo implementations and adaptations
The UCLDH logo has been used and modified in a number of ways, including these:
- 22 Mar 2012: Goth Melissa (photo)
- 24 Jan 2012: Little owl version (graphic) for Claire Warwick's inaugural lecture.
- 12 Jan 2012 Behold my new cushion (photo)
- 15 Dec 2011 Behold my new office furniture (photo)
- 20 Nov 2011: A home for the new cushion sporting the UCLDH logo (photo)
- 8 Jun 2011: sample pillow arrived & looks great (photo)
- 24 Nov 2010: Patterned DHOER logo (graphic)
- 5 Oct 2010: DHOER logo: Remixes (Design notes towards a Digital Humanities Open Educational Resources logo)
- 21 Aug 2010: Decoding Digital Humanities Cube (graphic)
- 20 May 2010: UCLDH t-shirts: one, two, three, four, five (photos) [source]
- 11 May 2010: UCLDH Emergency Reset Button (graphic)
- 10 Apr 2010: animated version (graphic)
- 22 Dec 2009: Season's Greetings Card (graphic)
A range of t-shirts, mugs and other items imprinted with the UCLDH logo can be purchased online at the UCLDH Shop.