Showing the Arts and Humanities Matter
Sep 18, 2012 09:00 AM
End: Sep 18, 2012 05:00 PM
Government and private support for the Arts and Humanities is in decline -- for research, teaching, preservation, and creative renewal in such fields as literature, history, languages, philosophy, classics, art history, and cultural studies. What can we do to demonstrate that the Arts and Humanities matter? This free, one-day symposium at UCL will feature leading figures in understanding, demonstrating, and advocating for the Arts and Humanities.
The symposium will also mark the launch of the 4Humanities@UCL chapter.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Alan Liu, University of California Santa Barbara, and 4Humanities founder
- Dr Rüdiger Klein, European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Amy Westwell and Oliver Milne, The Free Hetherington Campaign
- Neil Griffiths, Arts Emergency
- Dr Anna Upchurch, University of Leeds, and Dr Eleonora Belfiore, University of Warwick
- Professor Andrew Prescott, King's College London.
More information will be posted soon at 4Humanities at UCL. The symposium is free to attend, and all with an interest in this area are welcome, but please do register in advance.
UCLDH are pleased to be organising this free, one day symposium at UCL in collaboration with 4Humanities, Arts Emergency, and the UCL Department of Information Studies.