- About the Course
- Applying to the Course
- International Applicants
- Teaching Programme
- Placement Set-Up, Schedule and Charts
- Placement Monitoring and Paperwork
- Trainee Research
- Trainee Development and Support
- Workshops & Conferences
- Contact Us
From Practice to Policy: Clinical Psychology and Macro-Level Working
A Half-Day Conference
Friday 16th December 2016
2pm - 5pm
This half-day conference aims to highlight the variety of ways that clinical psychologists can transcend their traditional assessment and therapy roles and attempt to improve human welfare on a larger scale. It showcases the work of a number of eminent psychologists who undertake such macro-level activities as social action and shaping local and national policy, in the UK and internationally.
The format will be a series of short (15 minute) talks highlighting the issues raised by particular macro-level projects that each speaker has undertaken. We hope that the talks will pose thought-provoking questions for the audience members, and potentially open new avenues for the kinds of work that they may possibly undertake.
The conference is intended to interest psychologists from all sub-specialities. Speakers will describe work from a range of topic areas, in a variety of settings.
· Charlie Howard: From the streets of Camden to the Palace of Westminster: using psychology in different ways.
· Sally Zlotowitz: Making the personal professional and the professional personal: bringing social and environmental justice values into a career as a psychologist’.
Page last modified on 20 dec 16 13:44