Dr Chloe Marshall
I am a Reader in Psychology and Human Development at the Institute of Education, University of London. My teaching and research activities focus on the following areas:
- Language and literacy development
- Developmental disorders of language, speech and literacy (with a focus on Specific Language Impairment and dyslexia)
- The cognitive skills underlying typical and atypical language/literacy acquisition in hearing and deaf children
- The phonology of English and British Sign Language (BSL)
- Phonology and its developmental relationship to morphology, syntax and the lexicon
I am currently collaborating with several colleagues at DCAL. I am working with Gary Morgan and Kathryn Mason to investigate executive functions in D/deaf children, and with Mairead MacSweeney, Eva Gutierrez-Sigut and Joanna Atkinson to investigate semantic and phonological fluency in deaf and hearing signers.
You can access information on some of my publications here.
Direct contact: Dr Chloe Marshall