Executive Sub-Committee on Innovations in Teaching Learning and Assessment (ESCILTA)
This UCL-funded project is about the development of teaching and learning material for use both on-line and off-line by BSL learners at UCL. The materials come in form of BSL video clips by sixteen native Deaf signers to produce a naturalistic base for learners of BSL. They are complemented by support materials reinforcing the learning of BSL. The materials are created in the format of three separate DVDs, Productive Skills, Comprehension Skills and Conversation Skills. See below for some sample clips.
Some of the main aims of this projects include
- giving learners signing skills and cultural knowledge of BSL
- enhancing the learning experience for students
- making classes creative, interesting and enjoyable.
- providing access to the learning of BSL to a wide range of people
- enabling learners to continue to improve their skills from home
For more information, contact Frances Elton
All training materials will be made available on a separate UCL webpage soon
Page last modified on 12 sep 11 02:15