Members of the DCAL team work in an honorary capacity with UCL
Partners Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN), Queen's
Square, London, to provide a National Cognitive Disorders Clinic for
- General Information about the Cognitive Disorders Clinic which provides both a mainstream service and specialist appointments for Deaf patients.
Roberta Williams Centre
DCAL colleagues also provide input to the Sign Language Assessment Clinic at the Roberta Williams Speech and Language Therapy Centre at City University London.
This provides communication/cognitive assessment of:
- Deaf sign language users
- Deaf children who do not appear to be making progress with either spoken or sign language
- Deaf children and adults with additional disabilities, e.g. people with Ushers', cerebral palsy, learning difficulties
- Deaf people who have had a stroke or who have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
- Older Deaf people who are concerned about changes in their memory or thinking skills
- Deaf children and adults who have recently arrived in the UK and who have limited communication abilities
- Deaf people with persistent reading difficulties