Members of the DCAL team work in an honorary capacity with UCL
Partners Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN), Queen's
Square, London, to provide a National Cognitive Disorders Clinic for
- General Information about the Cognitive Disorders Clinic
which provides both a mainstream service and specialist appointments for Deaf patients.
DCAL colleagues also provide input in the Compass Centre Assessment
Clinic at City University London.
This provides communication/cognitive assessment of:
- Deaf sign language users
- Deaf children who do not appear to be making progress with either spoken or sign language
- Deaf children and adults with additional disabilities, e.g. people with Ushers', cerebral palsy, learning difficulties
- Deaf people who have had a stroke or who have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
- Older Deaf people who are concerned about changes in their memory or thinking skills
- Deaf children and adults who have recently arrived in the UK and who have limited communication abilities
- Deaf people with persistent reading difficulties
Page last modified on 19 aug 14 11:21