Top Resources
A-Z Icon A-Z Index
Term Dates Icon Term Dates
Directory Icon Directory Services
Portico Icon Portico
Registry Student and Registry Services
Student Centre Student Centre
Pay On-line Pay On-line
Study Abroad Icon Study Abroad
Timetable Timetable
Moodle Moodle
Map Icon Maps and Transport links


News and Updates

UCL Christmas Closure

UCL will be closed from 5.30pm Tuesday 23rd December 2014 until Monday 5th January 2015. The Student Centre will close at 1pm on Tuesday 23rd December 2014 and re-open at 10am on Monday 5th January 2015. On behalf of the Student Centre Team we would like to wish you a happy, healthy and safe Christmas and New Year.

Support for Students over the Christmas Closure

Over the Christmas period there is plenty of support still available to students.

Christmas is a time for coming together to celebrate and have fun. If you feel alone or sad make sure you speak to a relative, friend or even call the Samaritans. The Samaritans can be contacted on 08457 909090 at any time and everything is discussed in confidence. Their website is www.samaritans.org.uk.

In an emergency, always phone 999 or make your way to the Accident and Emergency Department at your local hospital. The closest Accident and Emergency Department to UCL is at University College Hospital located on Euston Road.

Student Status Letters available ONLINE!
If you are a current UCL student enrolled on a programme of study at UCL, you can now print out your own Statement of Student Status letter or an Opening a bank account letter via Portico. Just log into Portico and click on the Statement of Student Status link on your Portico home page.

For UCL Alumni students you can visit the Student Centre (between the opening hours of 10am - 4pm) with some form of photo identification such as your passport or UK driver's licence and we will give you a statement of student status or you can email studentstatus@ucl.ac.uk with your name, student number, the letter you require and the address you would like the statement posted to.

About Us

What is the Student Centre?

The Student Centre is part of UCL's Student Support and Wellbeing services and offers information and support to students enrolled on programmes of study at UCL and UCL alumni.

Where is the Student Centre?

The Student Centre is located on the ground floor of the Chadwick Building on the Gower Street Campus. As you enter the main gate from Gower Street the Chadwick Building is the large building on your right. Just past the Front Lodge Reception on your right you will see a large glass door which leads into the Chadwick Building. You can reach the door via steps or a ramp. The Student Centre is through this door and is the first room on your right.

You can see the location on the campus map at grid reference C2.

When are we open?

We are open 10am to 4pm Monday-to-Friday excluding Public Holidays and university closure days.

The IOE Student Support Centre (for Institute of Education student enquiries) Christmas opening hours are:

Monday 15 December - 9.30am to 5.30pm

Tuesday 16th December - 11am to 5.30pm

Wednesday 17th December - 9.30am to 5.30pm

Thursday 18th December - 1pm to 4pm

Friday 19th December - 9.30am to 12pm

Monday 22nd December - 11am to 4pm

Tuesday 23rd December - 11am to 4pm

From 05 January 2015 the general opening hours for the IOE Student Support Centre will be Monday to Thursday from 10am to 5pm and Friday from 10am to 4.30pm. For more information about the IOE Student Support Centre and any 2015 closure dates please visit: www.ioe.ac.uk/studentInformation/1057.html

What services do we provide?

Our staff can answer questions about Graduation Ceremonies, International Student Welfare Issues, Research Degrees, Study Abroad and changes to your Student Record. There is also a Graduate Admissions representative based here.

If a Student Centre member of staff is unable to answer your question they will signpost you to the correct website/office/department/person to assist you.

Some Useful Links:

I would like some information about culture, welfare and events for International students.

I am a New Student to UCL.

I am an Affiliate Student.

I would like some more information about the Graduate School.

I would like some information about Student Support offered by UCL.

I would like to contact Student Disability Services.

I have a Fees/Funding issue.

I would like some advice and need to contact Rights and Advice.

I am having problems with Portico and need to contact Portico Services Support.

I would like to register to vote

Page last modified on 22 dec 14 14:05 by Tracey P Smith