- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Thesis Binding and Submission
Theses have to be robust enough to withstand the examination process and be easily identified. They will need to have your name on the spine to distinguish them.
All theses (whether soft or hard-bound) must be:
- covered in medium blue cloth (e.g. water resistant material);
- lettered in gold up the spine with Degree, Year, and Name and Initials in the same form as UCL records, with letters 16 or 18 point (.25 inch). (Thesis submitted for examination in November and December should have the following year lettered on the spine.)
- No lettering on front cover of thesis.
Please note picture illustrates required colour only,
Hard-bound theses must have the pages sown in (not punched) and soft-bound theses should have the pages glued in. Theses submitted in any other form of binding, including ring binding, will not be accepted.
You are responsible for ensuring that your thesis is
correctly bound by the company you select. A list of Binders and
Printers can be found at Binders and Printers.
In the first instance you should submit two soft-bound copies of your thesis to the Student Centre at the front of the Chadwick Building.
Please ensure that your Examination Entry Form has been received and logged by Research Degrees before you submit your thesis.
University College London award - one soft bound copy should be submitted to the Student Centre. Prior to the receipt of your bound copy, you also need to deposit an electronic copy of your final thesis (and a completed E-Thesis Deposit Agreement form) via UCL's Research Publications Service (RPS). Guidance on the preparation and deposit of electronic copies of your research thesis is available from UCL Library Services.
The forms required to accompany the final copies of your thesis can be found here.
UCL will not issue your result of the examination until the final copies of your thesis and the associated forms have been submitted. Any outstanding debts must also be cleared.
Late Submission Fee
Please refer to the Late Submission Fees webpage.
You will need to follow the following procedures:
• Submit a new exam entry form to Research Degrees at least two weeks prior to the expected submission of the thesis.
• Submit two soft-bound copies of your thesis to the Student Centre, Chadwick Building, which will then be despatched to the examiners
Page Editor : Research Degrees
Page last modified on 01 feb 12 09:38
Page last modified on 30 apr 15 08:17