R.E. Bradbury Memorial Prize
Founded in 1972 by the subscribers to a Memorial Fund in memory of Dr Robert Elwyn Bradbury, student in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, 1947-52 and 1954-56, member of staff of the Department of Anthropology, 1954-56 and 1961-64
- The R.E. Bradbury Memorial Prize may be awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Social & Historical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded to the student who is offering
Anthropology as a field
of study for the BSc Degree and who is considered as having done
the best work
in Anthropology in the first year of the course.
- The Prize takes the form of books, instruments,
or materials to the value of
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Head of
Department of Anthropology.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 10:24