Registry & Academic Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Alan Ferguson Memorial Prize
Founded in memory of Alan Ferguson, former lecturer in the History of the South Slavs at the School of Slavonic and East European Studies from 1975 to 1980
- A prize known as the Alan Ferguson Memorial Prize may be awarded
- The prize is awarded on the recommendation of the Director of
Centre for South East European Studies.
- The prize is awarded to a full-time Undergraduate student who has
excellence in the study of either History, Politics, Economics, or Language
Literature of South East Europe, especially the former Yugoslavia
- The total value of the prize is £200 and will be used
for the purchase of
books. In the event of there being more than one nomination in the same
the prize will be shared equally by the recipients. Each
recipient shall also
receive a biography of Alan Ferguson together with a bookplate in his
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by a committee convened by
the Director of the SSEES Centre for South East European Studies.
- The Award is announced in the Summer.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 10:20 by Registry Web