Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Lord Rank, Suckling Memorial and UCL Sessional Prizes in Reproduction, Genetics and Development
The Lord Rank Prize was founded under a bequest to the UCL Medical School and was originally awarded in Biochemistry. The Suckling Memorial Prizes were founded in 1936 by Mrs A M Suckling in memory of her son, John Jerome Suckling, a student of UCL Medical School from 1902 – 1907. Sessional prizes are UCL prizes awarded in each Faculty.
- Two awards may be awarded in each session.
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty
of Biomedical Sciences Board of Examiners.
- The Prizes are awarded to the two students who
show the greatest proficiency
in the Reproduction, Genetics and Development module in Year 2 of the
- The value of each prize is £75. Each award will be
accompanied by a
- No application is necessary.
- The awards are announced in June.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.