Registry & Academic Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Richard Laitner Memorial Fund Awards
Founded in 1984 by the subscribers to the Richard Laitner Memorial Fund in memory of Richard Laitner (a student of the School of Medicine 1980-83) who died in tragic circumstances in 1983. The Fund was established by members of the Laitner and Frampton families and was subscribed to by members of these families, friends and students and staff of the School of Medicine
- One or more Awards known as the Richard
Laitner Memorial Fund Awards may be
awarded in each session.
- The Awards are awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the
of Clinical Sciences.
- The Awards are made to assist undergraduate clinical
medical students to
carry out a research project, preferably in Pathology or Psychiatry,
an Elective Period overseas.
- Awards are normally within the range £100 to £200.
- Any student receiving an Award from the Richard Laitner Memorial
Fund is not
precluded from applying for other Elective Period support within the
- Applications, which must include proposals for a research
project of not
more than 1,000 words in length, should be submitted on Elective Period
forms obtainable from the Faculty Office. The closing date for
the end of March each year.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 11:38 by Registry Web