Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Boldero & Shelley Prize in Paediatrics, General Practice Prize and Sarkany Prize in Dermatology
The Harold Boldero Prize was founded in 1957 by subscription in honour of the late Sir Harold Boldero, Dean of The Middlesex Hospital Medical School. The Ursula Shelley prize was founded at the UCL Medical School. The General Practice Prize was founded at the University College and Middlesex School of Medicine. The Sarkany Prize was founded at the UCL Medical School in 1982 with a donation from Smith & Nephew, and renamed after Dr Sarkany in 1992 in recognition of his work in Dermatology. Awarded jointly from 2003 following the merger of the UCL Medical School with the University College and Middlesex School of Medicine.
- Two prizes may be awarded in each session.
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty
of Biomedical Sciences.
- The awards are made to the two students who show the greatest
Paediatrics, General Practice and Dermatology in the M.B., B.S.
the end of the second Child and Family Health module.
- No application is necessary.
- The value of the First Prize is £150 and the Second
Prize £100. Each award
is accompanied by a certificate.
- The award is announced in August.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.