- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Ramsay Memorial Medal
Founded in 1922 by the subscribers to the Ramsay Memorial Fund, in memory of Sir William Ramsay, K.C.B, F.R.S., Professor of General and Inorganic Chemistry in the College, 1887-1913
- The Ramsay Memorial Medal may be awarded in each session.
- The Medal is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Medal is awarded to the student, whether
undergraduate or postgraduate,
who is recommended as being the most distinguished student of
Chemistry of their
year; in making such a recommendation preference is given, other things
equal, to a student whose work has been distinguished in those
Chemical Science with which the researches of the late Sir William
- The Medal is a bronze medal, engraved with the name of the
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Head of
Department of Chemistry.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:54