Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
David Pointer Prize
Founded by Robert Valentine in memory of his grandson, David Ponter, a student in the Department of Physics and Astronomy 1984-86
- The David Ponter Prize may be awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded to the second year student
in the Department of Physics
and Astronomy who has shown the most improved performance.
- The value of the prize is £75.
- Candidates must be students of the College in the
Department of Physics and
Astronomy during the session preceding the
award of the Prize.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Head of
Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.