- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Monica Hulse Scholarship
A scholarship in the Department of Mathematics founded in October 2004 by a regular lifetime gift from Dr Paul Hulse, alumnus of UCL, in memory of his mother, Monica Hulse (1934-1999).
- A scholarship of £1,000 known as the 'The Monica Hulse
Scholarship' will be
awarded once a year.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on a discretionary
basis to a deserving
graduate student in the Department of Mathematics in the
first year of their
Masters course or PhD.
- The Scholarship is awarded by Council on the
recommendation of a specially
convened Scholarship Panel comprising the Head of Mathematics,
Tutor and another nominated representative.
- The Scholarship will take account of academic merit and other
considerations at the discretion of the Scholarship Panel.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the Scholarship must
send written notice of
their intention to apply for the Scholarship to the
Graduate Tutor in the
Department of Mathematics by the May (other than in exceptional
prior to the start of the academic year. Applicants should enclose an
- Applicants should not normally be in receipt of any other
(other than in exceptional circumstances).
- Candidates will be asked for evidence that
they have sufficient financial
support available, with the Scholarship, to be able to complete their
- Holders of the Scholarship must have successfully
applied for a place in the
Department of Mathematics for a higher degree.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. No individual will hold the Scholarship for more than one year
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 09:56