Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Provided since 1984 out of the income from a bequest of the late Mr Frederick Perren
- The Herschel Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded to the best third year student taking a
course in Astronomy, Astronomy/Physics or Mathematics/Astronomy in the
which the award is made.
- The value of the Prize is £100.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are
considered by the Perren Professor of
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.