Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Sandy Winyard Professional Studies Prize
Founded in 2003 in memory of Sandy Winyard (1950-2002). Sandy worked as a lecturer in the Department of Human Communication Science (formerly the National Hospitals College Speech Sciences) from 1983 to 1991. She was a feisty and committed member of staff who inspired many of her students to develop their clinical and professional skills to a high standard, while enjoying student life to the full
- A prize known as the Sandy Winyard Professional
Studies Prize may be awarded
in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of
- The Prize is awarded for excellent achievement in
Professional Studies to a
student in the third year of the BSc Speech Sciences degree
- The annual value of the Prize may fluctuate from year to
year but will be in
the region of £100.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by the Certificate to
Practise Panel of the Department of Human Communication Sciences.
- The award is announced in July.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued
use of the resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General