Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Harold and Olga Fox Fund Scholarships in the Department of Biology
Founded in 2003 out of the Estate of Harold Fox, former member of academic staff in the Department of Biology (previously Zoology). Mr Harold Fox died on 29th May 2003 bequeathing the residue of his estate to UCL.
- A variable number of UK/EU undergraduate scholarships, known
as The Harold
and Olga Fox Fund Scholarships, may be awarded in each session.
- The value of each scholarship is £1,000 per year and are
self-financing candidates for entry into a full-time undergraduate
programme within UCL's Department of Biology.
- Prospective full-time undergraduate UK/EU students must hold
an offer of
admission from UCL, which they have firmly accepted or intend to do so.
Accepting UCL as an insurance choice does not satisfy the conditions
- The scholarships are competitive and are awarded to students
- The scholarships are awarded by Council on the recommendation
of the Head of
the Department of Biology.
- Scholarships are tenable for the duration of the award
holder's programme of
study, but may be terminated at any time should the scholarship
academic progress be deemed to be unsatisfactory by the Department.
- The number of all Fox scholarships are set at the discretion of the
- Scholarships are payable to the student at the start of the first
- The closing date for receipt of applications by the
Department is set at 15
July of the proposed year of entry.
- These regulations are subject to review or renewal after an initial
of three years from the award of the first scholarship.
- All scholarships and awards are subject to the availability of
funds, and to
the provisions of the UCL's General Regulations for Scholarships,
- Further information about this fund can be found at www.ucl.ac.uk/biology/new/ug/ukscholarship.html.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:27 by Registry Web