Registry & Academic Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Dr and Mrs Bennett Waters Medical Scholarship
Founded in 1997 by the late Robert A. Rogers
- Two scholarships known as the Dr and Mrs Bennett Waters Medical Scholarships may be awarded each session.
- The scholarships are available to UCL students of Medicine, including existing, new and graduate entrants pursuing the course leading to the MBBS, who are experiencing financial hardship and will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and financial circumstances.
- The Scholarship is open to students from UK and EU.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention to compete for the scholarships along with a statement about their financial circumstances to the Sub Dean & Faculty Tutor, UCL Medical School on or before 31st October.
- The Sub Dean & Faculty Tutor, UCL Medical School to inform the Student Financial Support Office of the successful candidates by 15th November.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Life Sciences.
- The annual value of each award may fluctuate from year to year but will be in the region of £1,000 for up to five years, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Payment of the scholarship is normally made in three equal instalments on 1st December, 1st March and 1st May.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations should it become necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources in the fund.
- All scholarships and awards are subject to approval by the UCL Scholarship Board and the provisions of the UCL General Regulations for Scholarships, Prizes, Medals and Bursaries.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:41 by Registry Web