Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Violet Hall Prize
Founded in 1963 by Lt-Col. Cedric Hall, in memory of his wife, Violet M. Hall, a member of the College from 1955-61
- The Violet Hall Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize is awarded to an undergraduate student of the
College in the
Department of French Language and Literature.
- The value of the Prize, which takes the form of books, is
decided by the
Council on the recommendation of the Head of Department.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by a departmental committee convened by the Head of Department.
- The award is normally announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.