Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Robert Ross Scholarship in Fine Art
Founded in 1916 by a number of friends and admirers of the late Mr Robert Ross, the well-known writer and critic, and by many of the leading authorities in Art and Letters, as well as in public life
- A Scholarship, known as the Robert Ross Scholarship, may
be awarded in each
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Slade
Professor of Fine Art.
- The Scholarship is awarded for Fine Art.
- The value of the Robert Ross Scholarship is £135.
- The Scholarship is a leaving scholarship. A
candidate must have attended, as
a full-time student, for not less than six terms in the Slade
School of Fine
Art. He must furnish a declaration that he intends to adopt the
career of a
professional artist specifying the branch of Art he
intends to adopt.
- The Scholarship is open to male students only.
- No application is necessary. The qualifications of
candidates are considered
by the Slade Professor of Fine Art.
- A Candidate is required to produce evidence of his work. He
may also be
required to attend a personal interview.
- The award is announced in July.
- Payment is made on or about 15 July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:03