- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Quain English Essay Prize
Founded with the Quain Studentship
- The Quain Essay Prize may be awarded in alternate sessions.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The value of the Quain Essay Prize is £35.
- A Candidate must be, or at any time during the previous three
been, a student of the College in the Department of English.
- Candidates may write an essay on a subject of their own choosing,
broad field of English language studies, subject to the approval in each
the Quain Professor of English Language and Literature and the Lord
Professor of Modern English Literature for the time being.
- Candidates must send their essays to the Registrar of the College on
before 15 May.
- The examiners for the Scholarship are the Quain Professor of
Language and Literature and the Lord Northcliffe Professor of Modern
Literature, acting with one other person appointed by the Faculty
of Arts and
- The award is announced in July.
- Payment is made on or about 15 July.
- The successful candidate is required to supply a typewritten
copy of his/her
essay for preservation in the College Library.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 10:46