Registry & Academic Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Publishing Training Centre, Diversity Bursary
Founded in 2008 by the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) and the Centre for Publishing, School of Library, Archive and Information Studies (SLAIS)
1. One bursary known as the Publishing Training
Centre Diversity Bursary
may be awarded in each academic session.
2. The bursary is open to prospective full or part-time students in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer to pursue a course of study leading to the MA in Publishing at the School of Library, Archive & Information Studies (SLAIS), UCL.
3. Applicants must be from a Black and Ethnic Minority background (Black African or Caribbean, Asian or Chinese).
4. Applicants must be normally resident in the UK.
5. The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and career potential.
6. The bursary provides £5,000 towards fees and/or maintenance
7. The bursary is tenable for ONE YEAR for full-time students and pro-rata over TWO YEARS for part-time students. 8. In order to be considered for the bursary, applicants must write a 300 word (max) statement explaining:
i) how they intend to develop their careers in UK publishing
ii) how they are in financial need
iii) how the MA will contribute to their realisation of their career aspirations
iv) which other sources of finance they have applied for
v) how they intend to fund their studies at UCL. Applicants should email their statement as an attachment to: Professor Iain Stevenson, Programme Director, email@example.com, by 30 June.
Applicants will be informed of the panel’s decision by 18th July
9. The qualifications of candidates are considered by a UCL/PTC Awarding Committee.
10. The bursary is awarded on the recommendation of the UCL/PTC Awarding Committee.
11. Payment of the scholarship is normally made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees at the start of the academic session. Where there is a residue after fees have been paid, or where the student has already secured funding for fees from alternative sources, the awarding committee holds the discretion to pay the whole or part of the bursary directly to the student.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:33 by Registry Web