Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Founded in 1901 by the late Professor J. P. Postgate, and increased by subscriptions collected by him in subsequent years and by a legacy
- The Postgate Prize may be awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize is awarded to the candidate for Honours
in Classics who takes
Classical Philology as a Special Subject and does the best work
in this subject
in the examination.
- The Prize takes the form of books to the value of £220.
- A Candidate must be a student of the College.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by the Head of the
Department of Greek and Latin.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.