Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Mary Piggott Prize
Founded in 2005 in memory of Mary Piggott, who taught cataloguing and classification in the School from 1947 to 1974
1 A prize known as the Mary Piggott Prize may be
awarded in each session.
2. The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
3. The Prize is awarded to the student on the MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Library & Information Studies who achieves the highest total mark for Cataloguing and classification. In the event of a tie two prizes of the full value may be awarded.
4. The value of the Prize is £100.
5. No application is necessary.
6. The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Director of the School of Library, Archive & Information Studies in consultation with the Board of Examiners for Library and Information Studies.
7. The award is announced in November.
8. The College reserves the right to vary these regulations should it become necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources in the fund.
9 Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.