Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Rosa Morison Postgraduate Scholarship in Arts
Provided out of the income of a fund left to the College in 1912 by Miss Rosa Morison, Lady Superintendent of Women Students, 1883-1912
- A Scholarship known as the Rosa Morison Postgraduate
Scholarship may be
awarded in each session.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- The Scholarship is awarded for postgraduate work in any
subject within the
purview of Arts.
- The annual value of the Rosa Morison
Postgraduate Scholarship in Arts may
fluctuate from year to year but will be in the region of£200.
- A candidate must have graduated (or have obtained the B.A. in
Fine Art), or
be a candidate for graduation (or for the B.A. in Fine Art) in the term
the award is made.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention
to compete for the
Scholarship to the Registrar of the College on or before 15
May. They must give
particulars of their academic record and of the
work which they intend to pursue
in the event of the Scholarship being awarded to them.
- The qualifications of candidates are
considered by an Adviser, or Advisers,
appointed by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Normally the Scholars must pursue a course of study
and research for a
higher degree at University College. They may be permitted, in
circumstances, to pursue a course elsewhere if the Faculty of
- The Scholarship is tenable in the first instance for one
session, but may be
renewed for a second session.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.