Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Foreign Student Scholarship in Arts
Provided out of the income of a fund left to the College in 1912 by Miss Rosa Morison, Lady Superintendent of Women Students, 1883-1912
- A Scholarship, known as the Foreign Student Scholarship
in Arts and Social
and Historical Sciences, may be awarded in each session.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Arts and Humanities and the Faculty of Social and Historical
- The Scholarship is awarded for a course of study and
research for a minimum
period of one term in any Department of the Faculty of Arts and
the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences in the
- The value of the Scholarship is determined
by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, and the Faculty of
and Historical Sciences and is within the range £60 to £95.
- Nominations for the award of the Scholarship must be
sent by Heads of
Departments in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and the
Faculty of Social and
Historical Science to the Dean of the appropriate Faculty by 15 May
- A candidate so nominated must be a native of and normally
domiciled in a
European country, and must have graduated (or have obtained a
status equivalent to that of a B.A. Honours Degree) at a European
- The nominations are considered by Advisers appointed
by the Faculty of Arts
and Humanities and the Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences.
- Scholars elected may begin their course at any time
in the session agreed by
the Head or Heads of the Department in which they are to
- Payment will be made in one sum to the
Scholars immediately upon the start
of their course at the College.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:52 by Registry Web