Early English Text Society's Prize
Given by the Early English Text Society, and supplemented by a gift made in 1958 by Miss H. Winifred Husbands, a student in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, 1910-18 and 1920-23, and a member of the staff of the Department of English, 1923-57
- The Early English Text Society's Prize may be awarded in each
distinguished work in the field of Medieval English Language and
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize takes the form of a book to the value of £2.10 published
Early English Text Society, together with additional books to the value
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Quain
English Language and Literature and the Lord Northcliffe Professor of
English Literature, who advise the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 10:36