Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Carson Pratt Mature Student Scholarship
Founded in 2000 By Mrs Carson Pratt, former student of the Department of French
- A scholarship known as the Carson Pratt Mature Student
Scholarship will be
awarded in each session.
- The scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Department of French.
- The scholarships are awarded for financial need and dedication
to mature undergraduate students, preferably over the age of 35, to help
their Second or Final year of study.
- The value of each scholarship is £800 or £400 per student if
two students in any one year.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention to
compete for the
scholarship to the Department of French on or before the last day of
The invitation to apply shall consist of a covering letter to invite
applications and the description of the terms and intentions of the
will be as set down.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Head of the
Department of French, Mrs Carson Pratt and/or her appointed
nominee and invited personal tutors of students.
- The scholar selected must pursue a course of undergraduate
University College London in the Department of French as a Single or
- The scholarship is tenable for one year.
- Payment of the scholarship is normally made in advance in
instalments payable on 1 October, 1 January and 1 May.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:18 by Registry Web