Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Esso Chemical Travelling Scholarship
Founded in 1970 by Esso Chemical Limited.
- The Scholarship, known as the Esso Scholarship and Exhibitions
Scholarship, may be awarded in each session.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Engineering.
- The Scholarship is awarded to enable an undergraduate student
of the College
in the penultimate year of the course for the BEng or MEng Degree in the
Department of Chemical Engineering to undertake a tour which will increase
knowledge or understanding of the Chemical Engineering Industry.
- The value of the Scholarship may fluctuate from year to year
but will be in
the region of £350. The award may be split between two students.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention to
compete for a
Scholarship, together with the particulars of the tour which they
undertake, to the Head of the Department of Chemical Engineering on or
April, or such other date as may be announced from time to time.
- The qualifications of the candidates are considered by
the Head of the
Department of Chemical Engineering.
- The holder of the Scholarship will be required to present a report
- Payment of the Scholarship is normally made in July as a single
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.