- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
David Thomas Award
Founded in 1995 by Jenny Rossiter, who graduated from the DPU in 1994, in memory of her husband, David Thomas, a Financial Times journalist who was killed on assignment in Kuwait in April 1991
- A scholarship known as the David Thomas Award may be awarded
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Development Planning Unit.
- The Scholarship is awarded to assist a DPU student to travel
to a developing
country to research on matters directly related to his or her Master's
Dissertation or Thesis in the field of housing studies.
- The value of the Prize is about £300 or such sum as shall
be determined by
the David Thomas Award Committee.
- Applications must be submitted to the David Thomas Award
Committee at the
DPU no later than 31 May. The application should consist of a written statement
of not more than 500 words stating the nature of the study
to be undertaken, why
the grant is required and a brief budget justifying the request.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by a
Committee consisting of
the Director of the DPU, the Director of the Housing Master's
Course and Jenny
Rossiter or her representative.
- The award is announced in June.
- Award winners will be required to write a
short report of no more than 300
words after completing their travel, accounting
for the expenditure of the
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the
resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 14:11