Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Smith, Edgcumbe Lush, Culverwell and Sandes Prize
The Mrs George Smith Prizes were founded under a bequest to the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in 1917 by Elizabeth Alexandria Murray Thompson, Ethel Murray Smith, George Murray Smith, Isabel Marion Smith and Alexander Murray Smith in memory of their mother.
The Dr Ian Edgcumbe Lush Prize was founded in 2008 through a legacy gift to the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine. The Prize is awarded to the student who shows most proficiency in genetics in Year 2 of the MBBS
The Walter Culverwell Prize was founded under a bequest to the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in 1927 by Margaret Culverwell in memory of her father, and was originally awarded in Anatomy.
The Gladys Sandes Prize was founded at The Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in 1968 under the will of Gladys Sandes.
1. One prize may be awarded in each session.
2. The prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the MBBS Board of Examiners.
3. The prize is awarded to the student who achieves the second highest score in the examinations for Year 2 of the MBBS programme.
4. The value of the prize is £400. Each award will be accompanied by a certificate.
5. No application is necessary.
6. The awards are announced in June.
7. Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 14:32 by Registry Web