Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Ursula Shelley Prize in Paediatrics, General Practice Prize
The Ursula Shelley prize was founded at the UCL Medical School. The General Practice Prize was founded at the University College and Middlesex School of Medicine. The Sarkany Prize was founded at The UCL Medical School in 1982 with a donation from Smith & Nephew, and renamed after Dr Sarkany in 1992 in recognition of his work in Dermatology. Awarded jointly from 2003 following the merger of the UCL Medical School with the University College and Middlesex School of Medicine.
- Two prizes may be awarded in each session.
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on
the recommendation of the Faculty
of Biomedical Sciences.
- The awards are made to the two students who show the
greatest proficiency in
Paediatrics, General Practice and Dermatology in the M.B., B.S.
the end of the first Child and Family Health module.
- No application is necessary.
- The value of the First Prize is £150 and the Second
Prize £100. Each award
is accompanied by a certificate.
- The award is announced in August.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 13:41 by Registry Web