- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Quain Studentship in Biology
Founded with the Quain Studentship in English and the Quain English Essay Prize under the will of Richard Quain, F.R.S., Professor of Anatomy, 1832-50, and of Clinical Surgery, 1850-66, who desired the name of his brother, Sir John Richard Quain, to be associated with his own in regard to this bequest
- A Studentship, known as the Quain Studentship in Biology, may
when there is a vacancy.
- The Studentship is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Life Sciences.
- The Studentship is awarded for Biology.
- The value of the Quain Studentship in Biology is
determined from time to
- A necessary qualification is that the student must have
attended for not
less than three terms a course of study in Botany at the College.
- On a vacancy occurring, the qualifications of persons
appointment to the Studentship are considered by the Quain Professor
- The Student is a member of the staff of the Department
of Biology. Under the
guidance and supervision of the Head of the Department, they assist
teaching of Botany. They are considered a teacher within
the meaning of the
College Statutes and Regulations, and they are subject to the conditions
tenure laid down by the Council for teaching appointments in the
are encouraged and have facilities afforded them in carrying on original
their own account.
- The first appointment to a Studentship is for a
probationary period of one
session, but the Council may renew the appointment for not
more than two periods
of two sessions each.
- Payment of the Studentship is made in twelve instalments,
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:17