Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Prankerd Jones Prize in Immunology
Founded in 1983 in memory of Nicola Prankerd (a former student of the School of Medicine (1976-82), her brother, Richard Prankerd and Alison Jones (a former student of the Slade School of Fine Art (1976-80), all of whom were murdered in Zimbabwe in 1982. The fund was subscribed to by their families and relatives, the Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust, the "Friends of University College" and many other benefactors
- A prize known as the Prankerd Jones Prize in
Immunology may be awarded each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of
- The Prize is awarded to the best student in the
intercalating year in the
Department of Immunology who had previously completed the
Basic Medical Sciences
course at University College London.
- The value of the Prize is £50.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualification of candidates are
considered by the Head of the Department
- The award is announced in July.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued
use of the resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 15:16 by Registry Web