- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Faculty Medals and Prizes
Instituted in 1964
- The Medals and Prizes listed in the Schedule below, hereinafter referred to as 'Faculty Medals', may be awarded in each session.
- Faculty Medals are awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty.
- Subject to regulation 4 below, Faculty Medals are awarded to students of the College who have taken the final examination for a bachelor degree in the year for which the awards are made, and who are reported by the appropriate Faculties to be the most distinguished of such students.
- In addition, the Faculty of Life Sciences Medal may be awarded to a student of the College who has taken the examination for an intercalated BSc Degree approved for the purpose of the award by the Faculty, and who has passed in the preceding year the Examinations in Basic Medical Sciences.
- The Medals are silver medals engraved with the name of the Medallist. With each Medal there is a Prize of £100.
- No application is necessary. The qualifications of students eligible for the award of the Medals are considered by the appropriate Faculties.
- Awards are announced in September.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
ROSA MORISON MEMORIAL MEDAL AND PRIZE
Founded in 1913 in memory of Miss Rosa Morison, Lady Superintendent of Women Students, 1883-1912, by her Friends, Colleagues and Students at University College, College Hall, and Queen's College
Faculty of the Built Environment
FACULTY OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT MEDAL AND PRIZE
Faculty of Engineering Sciences
GOLDSMID MEDAL AND PRIZE
Provided out of the income of a fund left to the College in 1875 by Sir F.H. Goldsmid, Bt, formerly Treasurer
Faculty of Laws
ANDREWS MEDAL AND PRIZE
The Andrews Fund was received in 1848 from Mr Henry Vaughan under the pseudonym of 'A Friend of Civil and Religious Liberty'; it was given to commemorate the recovery from a dangerous illness of the donor's mother Mary Vaughan (née Andrews)
Faculty of Life Sciences
FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES MEDALS AND PRIZES
Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
FACULTY OF MATHEMATICAL AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES MEDAL AND PRIZE
Faculty of Social and Historical
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND HISTORICAL SCIENCES MEDAL AND PRIZE
Page Editors : Student Funding
Page last modified on 14 may 12 10:17