Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Henry Tonks Prize
Founded in 1937 by the Tonks Memorial Committee, Professor Henry Tonks was Slade Professor of Fine Art, 1917-30
- The Henry Tonks Prize may be awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Slade
Professor of Fine Art.
- The Prize is awarded for the best set of three drawings
executed by a
student in the course of the session.
- The value of the Henry Tonks Prize is £70.
- A candidate must be a student in the Slade School of Fine
Art at the time of
competing for the Prize, and must have attended the School
for not less than two
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Slade Professor of
- Payment of the Prize is made shortly after the announcement of
- Drawings for which a Henry Tonks Prize has been awarded may be
the Slade School at the discretion of the Slade Professor of Fine
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.