- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
IBM Computing and English Essay Prize
Founded in 1985 by IBM United Kingdom Limited, for an initial period of three years
- The IBM Computing and English Essay Prize may be
awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The IBM Computing and English Essay Prize
takes the form of books to the
value of £100, and will be presented formally by IBM.
- A Candidate must be a student of the College in the
Department of English
Language and Literature who is either taking a BA or MA Degree.
- Candidates may write an essay on a subject of their own
choosing within the
broad field of Computing and English, subject to the
approval in each case of
the Quain Professor of English Language and Literature and
the Lord Northcliffe
Professor of Modern English Literature for the time being. Essays
some original ideas and be more than a survey of current work.
- Candidates must send their essays to the Registrar of the
College on or
before 28 February.
- The examiners for the Scholarship are the
Quain Professor of English
Language and Literature and the Lord Northcliffe Professor of Modern
Literature, acting with one other person appointed
- The award is announced in March.
- The successful candidate is required to supply a
typewritten copy of his/her
essay for preservation in the College Library.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 10:39