Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Irene Frowen Prize
Founded in 1980 by the subscribers to the Irene Frowen Fund in appreciation of the work of Mrs Irene Frowen, former Lecturer in the Department of German
- The Irene Frowen Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize is awarded to the student of the Department of German who
the best Extended Essay on a subject related to German Poetry.
- The Prize takes the form of books to the value of £20.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
ordinary examiners of
the Extended Essay.
- If, in the opinion of the examiners, no essay worthy of the
submitted, the prize may be awarded to that undergraduate, postgraduate
member of staff of the Department of German, who submits the best original
composition in English or German, which is judged by an ad-hoc
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:19 by Registry Web