Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Founded in 1950 in memory of John D. Cowley, the late Director of the School of Librarianship, with the royalties received from the publication entitled `The Libraries of London', being a course of lectures given at the Easter Vacation Course in Librarianship in 1948
- Two Cowley Prizes may be awarded in each
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on the recommendation
of the Director
of the School of Library, Archive and Information Studies.
- The Prize is awarded to two distinguished candidates
for the MA Degree in
Library and Information Studies.
- Each Prize takes the form of books to the value of £15.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Director of the
School of Library, Archive and Information Studies
in consultation with the
Board of Examiners for the MA in Library and
- The award is announced in December.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.