Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Samuel Bard Memorial Prize
Founded in 1996 by Mrs Sue Gutteridge, Mrs Julia Bard and Mrs Zelda Bard
- A prize known as the Samuel Bard Memorial Prize may be
awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the
Arts and Humanities.
- The Prize is awarded to a senior student in the
Department of Hebrew and
Jewish Studies, either a graduate or undergraduate who is in genuine
need and has good academic credentials and whose area of studies is in
of medieval or post-enlightenment or modern Jewish history,
- The value of the Prize is £1,000.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Head of the
Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies and the Departmental Awards
- The award is announced in July each year.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued use of the resources
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.