Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
R.B. Hounsfield Prize in Traffic Engineering
Founded in 1950 to commemorate the connection of Mr R.B. Hounsfield with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1947-50
- The R. B. Hounsfield Prize in Traffic Engineering may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering.
- The Prize is awarded to a student showing excellence in the subjects of the B.Eng or M.Eng examination relating to Transport Studies.
- The Prize takes the form of books or instruments to the value of £200.
- A candidate must be a student of the College in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering who is a candidate for graduation in the term in which the award is made.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Chadwick Professor of Civil Engineering.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.