- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Archibald P. Head Memorial Medal and Prize
Founded in 1907 by the fellow-students, friends, and members of the family of Archibald P. Head, a former student of the College (born 1866, died 1905), in commemoration of the esteem in which they held him, of his distinction as an engineer, and of the deep regret felt at the untimely termination of a promising career by the accident to the New York Express
- The Archibald P. Head Memorial Medal and Prize may be awarded
- The Medal and Prize are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Engineering.
- The Medal and Prize are awarded for Mechanical Engineering or
- The Prize takes the form of books to the value of £25. To this is
bronze Medal, engraved with the name of the Medallist.
- A candidate must be a student of the College who has attended a
study leading to an Engineering degree.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Kennedy Professor of
- In the event of the Medal and Prize not being awarded for want
candidate of sufficient merit in Mechanical Engineering or Naval
an award may be made, on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering,
Civil, or Municipal or Electrical Engineering.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 14:49