Registry & Academic Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Dean of Students (Academic) has received a number of requests for student interruptions where the student will (re)commence after September 2012. There have been a variety of reasons for this, which include:
- A place is accepted for September 2011 but then the student seeks to postpone initial enrolment until September 2012 [currently a new UCAS application is not required].
- Year 1 is completed outside UCL and the student seeks direct entry to year 2 at UCL [external APL, and currently a UCAS application is required].
- Year 1 is completed satisfactorily at UCL and the student seeks to transfer to year 2 of another program at UCL but in a different department or faculty.
- As a modification of 3 the change of programme is within a department (for example X with Y becomes straight X).
- The student does not progress but resumes the programme after successfully taking resits.
- The student interrupts for legitimate health or financial or personal reasons for up to 12 months [currently approved at faculty level].
- The student interrupts for legitimate health or financial or personal reasons for longer than 12 months [which should also be decided by the Dean of Students [Academic]].
- An academic interruption is requested - for example an MBBS student interrupting for up to 4 years for a masters or PhD after the non-clinical years.
Following consultation with the Vice Provost (Operations) and the Director of Financial Planning and Strategy, it is suggested that:
- the new fee regime should definitely apply to students in category 1;
- there be no change to the fee regime for students in categories 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8;
Page last modified on 11 may 12 14:24 by Registry Web